Creating a Safe Environment for Your Dental Needs
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection Control has always been a top priority for our dental office. To keep our patients and staff safe, our dental office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
We are happy to announce that we will be implementing a soft re-opening of our dental office starting June 1, 2020. You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our staff will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the dental office.
- We may check your temperature when you come in for your appointment.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the dental office.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time. On the day of your appointment, we may ask you to stay in your car until we are ready to see you.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you and every patient safe in our dental office. We are monitoring this evolving situation closely. We will continue to keep you informed on any updates or changes to our re-opening.
We are currently triaging emergencies. Please contact the dental office and follow the voicemail instructions if you are having an emergency. The doctor will return your call within the hour. If you have any concerns or questions or to make an appointment, please call us at 650-328-7333 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow us to reply to you within 24 hrs.