Keep Your Damaged Teeth Safe
As strong as your tooth enamel is, it isn’t indestructible. There are a variety of ways that teeth can become damages, including poor oral hygiene, a sports injury, or an unexpected accident. If you have a tooth that is structurally compromised, it becomes vulnerable and is more likely to experience additional damage later on. That’s why Dr. Branimir Vatavuk offers customized dental crowns. To learn more about how dental crowns in Palo Alto can keep your teeth safe, give us a call!
Why Choose Branimir Vatavuk, DDS for Dental Crowns?
- Customized for Natural Appearance
- Committed Dental Team
- Flexible Financing Available
What is a Dental Crown?
Dental crowns are custom-crafted caps that are made to fit over the chewing surface of damaged or weakened teeth above the gumline. The restoration can be made from a variety of different materials, like gold, ceramic, and porcelain. Dental crowns are generally recommended for the following problems:
- Severe decay that’s been repaired with a filling
- Broken tooth that requires additional support
- Tooth that’s undergone root canal therapy
- Missing tooth being replaced with dental implant
- Dental bridge that needs support from the adjacent teeth
- Tooth that’s severely misshapen or discolored
The Process of Getting a Dental Crown
Having a dental crown placed is a relatively straightforward process, and it can be completed in just two appointments. The first step is to take a look at your smile to make sure that a dental crown is the best option for you. Once this is confirmed, a thin layer of enamel needs to be removed. This creates room for the crown to fit comfortably in your mouth and appear natural. An impression is then taken and sent to the dental laboratory where your crown will be crafted. Until it’s ready, we’ll provide you with a temporary crown to protect your tooth. This will also help you to get used to how your new crown will feel when it is placed at your next appointment.
The Benefits of Getting a Dental Crown
Dental crowns are able to provide patients with numerous benefits. Here are some of the most apparent:
- Prevents future dental issues
- Natural appearance
- Personalized for each patient
- Can last 15+ years with proper maintenance
- Feels comfortable
- Improves your chewing ability